The Forestry Department Peninsular Malaysia has prepared an excellent guidance on implementing the Clients’ Charter to ensure that the services provided are efficient and effective.
|Forestry Department Peninsular Malaysia's logo|
The guidance for all clients who have business with the department is as follows:
i. Forestry Department Headquarters
• All requests for information on management, development and conservation of forest resources as well as forest industries shall be entertained within one week from the date such requests were made except for information not readily available in the Department.
Technical advice on management, development and conservation of forest resources, as well as forest industries shall be forwarded within two weeks from the date such requests were made except for matters requiring specific studies.
• All requests for unrestricted publications shall be distributed within two weeks from the date such requests were made.
• All applications to attend in-service training organised by the Department shall be notified wihin two weeks after the closing date for such applications.
• All applications to attend courses at the Forestry School in Kepong and the Logging Training Centre in Terengganu shall be notified within one month after the dates of interviews.
• All progress reports on forest development projects shall be submitted to the central agency not later than the date stipulated.
• Results of tenders for the implementation of forest development projects shall be made known not later than four months after such tenders were issued.
• Actions to forward the contract progress payment documents to the Treasury shall be undertaken within one month from the date of application provided all conditions are fulfilled.
• Performance bonds shall be released within one month after the expiry date of such bonds.
• All complaints pertaining to forestry services shall be acted upon within three days after such complaints were received.
ii. State Forestry Departments
• All applications to take forest produce or to operate Wood-based Industries shall be processed according to prescribed procedures.
• Licences to take forest produce shall be issued within a period of not more than six (6) months from the dated of approval, provided the required terms are fulfilled.
• Licences to operate Wood-based Industries shall be issued within a period of not more than one month from the completion of mill construction provided all terms of approval are fulfilled.
• Decisions on applications for extension of all licences to take forest produce or to operate Wood based Industries shall be made within a period of not more than one month from the date of such applications were received.
• Information and feedback received from the public will be acknowledged. All complaints pertaining to forest offenses shall be acted upon within a period of not more than three days.
• To render the best possible services and courtesy at all times.