Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another Pakatan Rakyat’s empty boast over transfer of power

The date set for a Pakatan Rakyat takeover, Sept 16 had come and gone with the BN still firmly in control of the government. The BN government is likely to grow even stronger before it’s predicted.

It is unacceptable that the undemocratic transfer of power was allowed to happen.

Parti Keadilan Rakyat has yet again falsely claimed that talks were being held with the Barisan Nasional on a transfer of power. It is the latest baseless strategy to twist and empty boast over transfer of power.

Although Pakatan Rakyat claimed that the opposition coalition having enough defections to topple the government and negotiations had begun with the ruling coalition over a transfer of power, however, not even a single defector has come forward.

Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi yesterday scoffed at a Parti Keadilan Rakyat claim that talks were being held with the Barisan Nasional on a transfer of power.

The prime minister, who is BN chairman and Umno president, also described PKR information chief Tian Chua's claim that contacts had been made between intermediaries of the two sides as "the craziest report I have ever heard".

While Abdullah had denied this, Pakatan Rakyat supremo Anwar Ibrahim also appeared to be in the dark about the negotiations.

"I'm not aware of any negotiations taking place between Pakatan Rakyat and the prime minister - statements made yesterday suggesting that a line of communication was open were misinformed," said the opposition leader in a statement.

Anwar added: "No, not that I'm aware of… he (Tian) may be privy to other information but as far as I'm concerned what the PM said was right.

"Very rarely do I agree with Abdullah Badawi."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anwar agreed with Abdullah Badawi because Abdullah is telling the truth but nothing the only truth.