nuffnang

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

RADZI UNABLE TO WORK EFFECTIVELY WITH PM

Datuk Seri Radzi Sheikh Ahmad has resigned as Barisan Nasional and Umno secretary-general. Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor, the MP for Putrajaya and former Tourism Minister in the previous Abdullah administration, immediately replaced the MP for Kangar.

Speaking at a Press conference at Menara Datuk Onn, Radzi said he was resigning because was “unable to work effectively anymore.”

"I have spoken to the president. I offered my resignation from both posts. I also thanked him for giving me the opportunity to serve for four years. I have enjoyed these four years and I pray that Umno will continue to prosper under his leadership," he said.

Radzi, the Home Affairs Minister in the previous government, was dropped from the new Cabinet when Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi unveiled his cabinet line-up yesterday.

No comments:

Nuffnang